Canticle is a head-to-head strategy game that also includes a solo mode. Players score points by combining cards into matching patterns.
ButtonShy makes portable “wallet games”, and so the design challenge is to make a game that may only use the components listed below:
- 12-18 Cards
- Vinyl Wallet
- 4 Panel Rule Sheet (this is a folded rule sheet that is essentially the size of 4 double sided playing cards.)
We’ve released Canticle as a print-and-play game. You may download and play for free.
- The game files are single-sided
- For best results, use 8.5”x11” heavy paper (110 lb. or higher)
- Print the game card files in either color or black and white
- Download and print the color file (2 pages)
- Download and print the rules
- These are designed to fold for handy storage
You can also watch our how-to-play video on our YouTube channel.
- 1-2 players
- Ages 7+
- 10 minutes